A music lawyer should be one of the first business associates you add to your team. A good music lawyer will have contacts with managers, publishers, song pluggers, record company artist and repertoire (A&R) people, and the artists themselves.
We offer personalized legal services for individual artists, bands, and music-related entities.
A passionate and committed music fan Tom Riski is also a music lawyer and co-founder of Solina Records. In Alt Agency Tom specialises in music and entertainment law and sync licensing. He has advised many years both companies and recording artists and writers in all aspects of the music industry.
His clients range from international artists, start-up technology companies, creative and digital agencies, entrepreneurs, individuals, musicians, designers and creative industry management teams.
Aim is to support clients in a friendly, personal and approachable manner giving sound legal and business advice.
He can advise you on:
– Recorded music agreements – acting for both record labels and artists
– Music publishing contracts – acting for both publishers and writers
– Digital music distribution and new platforms
– Clearance rights and contracts – assisting clients with protecting their own intellectual property and helping them obtain clearances for the use of third party materials in their products (for example, sample and synchronisation licences)
– Management agreements – representing both management companies and artists.
– Live music and tours – advising both tour promoters and artists.
– Merchandising and sponsorship agreements – advising both corporate clients and individuals in the industry
– Dispute resolution – including copyright infringement, audit claims and agreement termination issues.
We handle TV, film, advertising and video game music placement – all forms of third party licensing.
Our placements in the twelve months include:
AMC’s series “Halt And Catch Fire”, Samuji, Vogue.com, Veikkaus Oy/Keno, UE Boom Bluetooth speaker online video, Jolla Tablet campaign, Sitra – The Future of Healthcare, Nelonen TV channel.
We are interested in hearing from artists and managers who have fresh material in contemporary genres and who own/administer their master and sync.
We send out digitally “fresh” tracks that goes to people who are in music supervision or are music creatives in the UK, Germany, USA, Australia and beyond.
Alt Agency & Management
Tel. +358 40 1711306